Monday, August 23, 2010

Recovery

So much of Saturday was spent in bed. A hot lavender salinated bath in the late afternoon felt incredible, and the only sore part of my leg was the little area behind the knee from, I'm sure, lifting my leg up behind me a good four million times. Heading out to dinner on Saturday night, I had a hint of a toddler walk, that walk that's just a little bouncy because their little legs don't straighten all the way as they propel themselves jerkily forward.

A little Sunday stretching and a recovery forty minutes on the elliptical much improved the lactic acid buildup situation. I think I pushed my wall back without pushing my body too hard. Now I've just got to find the time in my busy work week to get all the maintenance mileage in so that my body won't forget the endurance I've pocketed.

No comments:

Post a Comment