Wednesday, August 25, 2010

the unhappy hour

Too little sleep and too much rain to run this morning. Wednesday is the cross-training-is-allowed day, so I hopped on the elliptical two feet from my bed for a half hour switch it up workout. The forecast tomorrow looks clear and promising, so I'll do my best to get to sleep early, get up early, and get five miles in then.

Tonight is a team happy hour. And by tonight, I mean this evening, also known as of-course-still-at-my-desk time. I had been looking forward to the possibility of making it, as I cannot name a single person on my team. I know some of the JackRabbit people I train with, but they're all either running for other charity teams or as individuals. This is Manhattan- I cannot possibly be the only one working into the late evening. Wish they'd schedule a meet and greet for an easier to make time.

At least I've been able to make the time to train. Better mood coming tomorrow. Then rest day (!!!) and a step-back-the-mileage long run down to the west side.

No comments:

Post a Comment