Monday, November 8, 2010

Marathon part 3: Queens

"Brooklyn Believes in YOU!" turned to "Queens Welcomes You!"

The Pulaski Bridge sucks. It's steep and the surroundings are 'eh'. We ran in a semi circle, I think, through some boring buildings in Queens, which felt annoyingly indirect and, compared to much of the course, unremarkable. But then I saw a beautiful sight, Scandals, my favorite strip club. Why? Location, location, location. I knew it meant I was approaching the onramp to the Queensboro Bridge. Everyone complains about it and a great many people walk up it (because it's a hill, but mostly, I think, because nobody is there to see), but I have never thought the Queensboro was that bad. Running to Manhattan and my waiting people made it mentally easier to stay running, and I took out the ipod for the first time. The song, "Wanna Be," was perfect for meeting my lover with my spice girl friends.

Approaching the end of the bridge, we could hear a loud roar.

[Next up: Manhattan]

No comments:

Post a Comment