Monday, November 1, 2010

Working Girl

To work today, I wore a black dress, herringbone grey blazer, and my New Balance running shoes. Switched to appropriate flats upon arrival, but still felt like as stylish as an 80s Melanie Griffith for twenty blocks.

The name of the game at this point is staying comfortable, avoiding all injuries, and keeping stress below atmospheric levels.

I've had the same type of dreams as before the SAT, LSAT and the Bar. Someone who has to drive me to the start is not listening to me and taking ridiculous detours as time ticks away and I just know I'm going to miss the start. I realize that I'm wearing one correct running shoe and one random old one. I forget my map and get lost on the course. I'm lost on Staten Island and can't find the start-- or I'm late and have to run a long distance to even get to the start. I'm starving and have brought no food. I eat peanut butter and there's nothing to drink at the water stations. My alarm doesn't go off and the hotel wake up call doesn't wake me. Someone takes too long to get dressed and can't drive me to the start. The reserved rental car has been stolen.

I suppose the good news is that there is no standardized test on Sunday. Guess I don't have to worry about last night's dream of forgetting sharpened pencils to fill in the bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment