Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Newark

Booked a hotel in Newark now for Saturday night. The ride should be half an hour shorter than from my apartment, and this way we eliminate a few more unknowns between me and the start (such as a Holland Tunnel problem, of which I have seen many).

For those of you planning to travel anywhere ever, you might want to think twice about booking something at a Crown Plaza hotel if, say, you'd like to show up to an available room. The steam has only stopped shooting from my ears because it's in my best interest to calm down a few dozen notches. Karma, karma, karma...

My calm self has been looking out my office window, thinking how far away the Verrazano Bridge looks to be from here, then reassuring myself that it's really not that far compared to downtown. Then I realized that I'm looking at one of the bridges to Brooklyn and the bridge to Staten Island is waaaay down from there. Yikes. Too far, too far..... I keep thinking that I shouldn't have cheated on my distance runs because now I'm not prepared enough. Of course, I ran until my GPS watch said 20.0 mi, so intellectually I'm pretty sure I followed the program. This is pretty much how all the conversations are going in my head. And in my apartment. Thanks for listening, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment