Thursday, April 22, 2010

First Run



Today was my first morning run (7:45 am!!!). I ran from my new apartment on 75th Street to the top of reservoir and around a bit. I took it easy, ran about 40 min, with the goal of using the next couple weeks to adjust to a new early schedule.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way of working coffee and breakfast around the run. My biggest concern related to the marathon is that I get migraines. I hope that I can keep them under control with steady blood sugar and hydration (and the stress relief from running). I'm worried that if they act up, migraines could interfere with a training schedule once it seriously kicks in in July. The choice I'm presented with seems to be between sitting it out and just taking the risk and going for it. I'm going for it. I'll try my absolute best, but the lawyer in me feels the need to disclose the risk ;)

Anyone have favorite food or drinks for before or during a workout? Artificial sweeteners are off limits for me.

Already looking forward to the next run. Perhaps I've been a closeted morning person...

No comments:

Post a Comment