Friday, July 30, 2010

About to hit the fan

Another hour long run on the bike path yesterday- this time, in the other (better) direction. Awful humidity on the way out, sprinkles on the way in. Then sunshine and lots of additional racing back and forth through the shallow water with doggies trailing behind.

The times of being proud of myself for getting in another five miles are apparently over. I was supposed to do an eight mile run last Saturday, the first group weekend run that I missed for vacation. Oops. No problem. I shall jump right on to the bandwagon with a ten miler tomorrow. And then recover by floating in an inner tube with dead dangling legs. Someone- just make sure I'm holding my head up.

The plan, I've been informed by google group update, is for a long run every Saturday (starting at 8 and ending at 20 miles), "quality" miles on Tuesday (hills, tempo runs, various other torture), and three other runs during the week totallying an additional 8-16 miles.

So, the schedule is:
M: rest day
T: "quality" miles
W: shorter run (cross training or additional rest day if necessary).
T: shorter run
F: rest day
S: long run
S: easier run

Saturday runs are intimidating, especially since I'm jumping into ten, but the rest of the week looks fairly easy, and should be no harder than I'm doing now. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

I'm ready to get this show on the road and make some distance progress. Running five miles all the time really just gets me ready for a five miler, and 26.2  will arrive before I know it. 100 days from yesterday. The countdown begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment