Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Excuses, Excuses....

If ever there were a legitimate excuse for skipping a run, it's "RECORD BREAKING HEAT" scrolling across weather.com, every news channel, and the mini elevator tv whose job it is to provide inane management tips like "give encouragement; a positive attitude will radiate to the team."

I've been itching to run, but a day off is probably not a bad idea. I ran for 35 minutes Saturday morning, which was strenuous-feeling in the hot sun... and the hot shade, and then did a half hour beach run through the wet sand and edges of the surf on Sunday. Every few minutes, I ran all the way in and submerged everything below my neck for ten seconds or so to cool down my core, and then ran out, dripping and spraying sea behind me. The ocean breeze felt incredible, and I definitely worked a bunch of leg muscles in a way they're not normally engaged.

Gotta run tomorrow, then pilates on Friday, and the Splash and Dash on Saturday. Last call people.... who wants to run this super fun 10k/ jump in the pool with me?

1 comment: