Thursday, July 22, 2010

Countdown

Woke up this morning at 7 and felt UP. I think the underlying about to go on vacation excitement has hit the surface. I finally feel over whatever it is I had that was hanging onto my throat for days after I had mentally moved on from being sick, and I'm ready to relax just 'cause rather than to give in to a defeated body.

I did the reservoir loop and tagged a bit onto the end; 45 minutes of running, and at least two-thirds of that in the shade. We've finally gotten a real breeze to cut the humidity. Sweat evaporating is, in that moment, the greatest. feeling. ever.

After a nice warm up, I felt loose, fluid, and relatively coordinated. Until I saw a juggler. There were two men running together, looking completely ordinary and like any other man running date in the park but for the fact that one of them was juggling three juggling balls. I have no explanation. I just know this went on for at least a minute, the time it took for me to notice the circus antics coming toward me, approach and pass them. Huh.

Now I'm focused on surviving the next two days of work. It's the countdown to a 10 day beach vacation, a vacation I intend to fill with sleep, biking, walking and, of course, long runs cause it's time to build up some mileage. And SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment