Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Alive and kickin' (or coughing, sneezing and wheezing)

... but not running.

I got a cold last week that turned into knock-me-on-my-ass and hold me down with a fever kind of sick. I missed work, seeing the outside world and all cardiovascular activity. I ran out of air talking on the phone and tried to avoid the exertion and coughing fit from laughing.

Now would be a great time to chime in with running knowledge about fresh legs and the work already being done, endurance being maintained and muscle memory, and anything that roughly translates into 'you're not losing anything right now, so don't panic.'

Actually, I'm not panicking. I think I can jog tomorrow and the next day, and then I will make myself run another 20 on Saturday. Someone take care of Frankster if I don't make it back.

Thanks again to everyone who has been more active with the contributions than I have been this week on the road. I shall bounce back with the freshest damn legs the marathon has seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment