Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another migraine

Woke up at 7 with the best of intentions. Then my head hurt, and after two minutes of maybe I'm imagining it denial, I took some meds and put my head back on the pillow. More drugs and a couple hours later, I pulled myself together and headed to work.

Training for this marathon has been a big learning experience of becoming more comfortable with pushing myself, feeling out my limits, accepting them, taking time outs (hard), and coming right back to push myself again (even harder). Physiologically, this has been less difficult than I thought it would be. I haven't had to really "dig deep" to keep my legs shuffling forward (though I have a feeling that will be triggered from miles 20-26.2), but it has been harder than I thought it would be to stay where I need to be mentally to keep going through all the little bumps in the road, which have surfaced more frequently and less predicatably than I had anticipated-- and, most frustratingly, when I feel like I am doing everything right.

But every time I wake up again at 7 with the best of intentions, I know I've taken another step in the right direction, and I'm so glad I signed up for this.

1 comment: