Friday, October 29, 2010

Seriously, completely and totally obsessed with the weather

Two things that worry me a little: (1) a health issue popping up (migraine, virus, injury-- take your pick) and (2) rain.

Since everyone keeps saying the hard work is done, and work is certainly hard these days, I feel okay seriously tapering (aka slacking hugely). I've been working too many hours and know that how I feel on race day will be all about feeling healthy and rested, so my focus is on moving when I can (mostly to stay loose and in the moving frame of mind) and getting good sleep. I'll do some nice, easy, fun runs this weekend and sleep as much as I can.

Rain worries me because it increases the chances of serious, painful chafing (which I've avoided so far and would like to stay away from entirely), getting and staying cold, overally sloshy yuckiness, less of the exhuberant atmosphere that I'm counting on to get me through it, and unknown conditions (I've yet to run more than several miles in the rain and am sure there are other rain-related things I should be worried about).

We are now on the 10 day weather forecast. Rain for the few days pre-race, and then 57 and sunny for race day. A little warm, but I'd take it.

I'm much more excited than worried. I think the trick is going to be to keep down the excitement level so that I don't keep myself up at night and can focus on getting everything else in my life done before next weekend, which will enable me to just enjoy the whole experience (read: not use the bberry).

No comments:

Post a Comment