Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Back to the morning run

Felt like I was in great cardiovascular shape--- before I even hit the entrance to the park this morning. It's amazing what having my head and chest unclogged (for the first time in two and a half weeks) does for oxygenating the body and filling out the lungs. Expanding ribs and then exhaling without coughing before expelling all the air makes being out there in the cool morning air enjoyable again.

It's firmly fall, and yellow trees poke through around the ponds. The lighting is warm and golden, the running pants have been broken out, and I pull my sleeves over my hands to start out. I'm going to have to buy a sweat-wicking headband in case it ends up being a cool day. I get a dull pain inside my ears from too much cold exposure that I'd rather not deal with for the better part of a day.

I'm practicing running in more and different layers to test for rubbing issues and tying around the waist potential. This weekend, I'll hit up a running store or two to find a wind-breaking outer layer. I'm not so worried about what to wear while running, but I do want to make very sure that I'm not uncomfortably cold for all of the waiting before the gun (er, canons) go off. Would it be insane to wear some of those heat wraps for sore muscles on my back and stomach? Probably, but I might do it anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment