Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Giving in to (Diet) Coke Addiction

I didn't sleep well and ended up skipping the run I had planned to take this morning. The luxury of starting all of this so early is that in this pre- real training stage, I don't have to be so strict. I also don't have to feel guilty. And I don't feel guilty on mornings I don't follow through with the plan, but I feel a bit sad about the missed opportunity. I spend the day thinking about how good my legs and lungs would be feeing had I started my day with exertion and dew, and gotten the mild high that hits me suddenly at the 23 minute mark and lingers through the afternoon.

Tomorrow is something to look forward to though, and not just because it's Thursday. A friend has put together a 90 minute music mix for me, and I can't wait to run as the tracks unfold.

For today though, the trick is not to let the missed workout bother me and push me slowly off the do-everything-healthy wagon. I've stuck to the healthy eating, but in the battle of Kate versus the delicious, addictive toxins that can cause migraines, the score is Kate-0, Diet Coke-1. Cross your fingers for your stupid, weak friend.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete