Friday, May 21, 2010

I'll Do (Almost) Anything for a T-Shirt

One of the things I never appreciated about living in the city is the amazing number of local races that are a piece of cake to sign up for. I officially got my marathon registration number today and paid for entrance to the race. At checkout I took them up on the option of joining New York Road Runners, mostly for the discount on running shoes. Turns out NYRR puts on tons of races, many of which sound fun and cover unintimidating distances.

Does anyone want to run one of these with me? Keep in mind that although I've bitten off a lot with this whole marathon thing, I'm sloooow and have no desire to 'race' these. I just want to get a little experience at racing events, and these look like a fun way to get my weekend runs in! Of course, I'm also hoping for some event t-shirts.

This one celebrates Japanese culture and is only four miles. They must throw in some gyoza, right? right?:
http://www.nyrr.org/races/2010/r0606x00.asp

This one's longer (a 10k), but looks like a very cool women's race. A pregnant Paula Radcliffe and Kara Goucher are the special guests (and will be running, but not racing). http://www.nyrr.org/races/2010/mini/story1.asp

Both courses go through and around the park.  Want to play with me? Please.... I'll talk your ear off and the time will fly. Promise.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate,

    I've been following your blog for a few weeks--you're incredible! I'd love to run one with you anytime.

    Hope your well,
    Pedro

    ReplyDelete