Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Drizzle

Woke up tiiiiired at 7 and really really did not want to get dressed to run in the rain. By the time I stumbled outside, it was barely drizzling but very humid. I felt pretty good after twenty minutes and completed a 4 point something mile loop. The long sleeve shirt, selected in my still cool from yesterday's AC apartment, was tied around my waist after only a few blocks. Big drops from the trees splatted on my shoulder, ran down my back and woke me up. Almost as gentle as my alarm, the Rooster setting on my phone, chosen for the first and last time to wake me this morning. It makes waking up at that hour even more unnatural.

The leftover tree rain felt refreshing in the leftover sticky summer morning weather. Every time it comes back, I am grateful that the run is in November. There was an elevator inspector in my lobby this morning when I returned to the building, and I think he was not super excited that such a sweaty mess got into the elevator with him. I thought it would only be more awkward to apologize, but sometimes I wish for a back entrance to my apartment, far from the eyes of the suited or well dressed toddlers in fancy strollers- or anybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment