Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Harlem Hill

Tight shins again this morning, so I jogged very slowly for fifteen minutes to warm up. No problems after that, except that it felt like someone was pulling my feet back to the ground each time I lifted them. My legs didn't even feel very tired or sore; they just felt subject to a whole lot of mega gravity. It's a good thing Saturday will be 14 again. My legs are going to take longer to recover than after the last long one.

I circled the top of the park, which I do rarely. I'm not sure why I don't turn to go up there often. I don't mind the hills- they're really not bad, and they're shaded by big leafy trees and boulders. Harlem Hill adds some variety, and I like running by the drained pool. They've always seemed full of potential to me, and I think about rolling around inside on a skateboard or roller blades. Everything on wheels looked good this morning, easy and efficient.

With the winding around under the pool, crossing the top of the park is deceptively longer than it seems. I was out for an hour this morning. I hope the slow, longer "short run" helps keep me loose and speeds up recovery from the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment