Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday tempo

I finally got a good (if short) tempo run in, but it was to count for Tuesday rather than really on it. I got back to the city yesterday evening at about seven and was out on Park Avenue by 7:45. Since I DO NOT RUN IN THE DARK WHERE I AM NOT IN EYE/EAR SHOT OF MANY NON-SCARY PEOPLE (loved ones, please reread the subtley highlighted portion), I kept to Park, running past the Armory, 324 doormen, and the Ferrari dealership (in case anyone was wondering, the location of choice for 60-70 year old male European tourists and their wives, if only to stand in the dark and peer in the windows) to Grand Central and back.

Nothing hurt or was especially sore from Saturday's outing. Between the sleep, rest day and the cool temp, I was able to run- not jog, really run, and enjoy it. The second best part: an extra hour of sleep this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment