Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Too sleepy


The temperature has dropped. The air conditioning, left on in the bedroom, chilled me last night, and the blankets were stolen. I woke up sleepy enough that I decided not to run.

And then I remembered that I had to. It was fear that falling behind during the week would make 18 all that much harder that got me out of my sweatshirt, out of bed and out the door.

My first deep breath outside was a relief; cool and dewy and in a breeze. I knew I'd be okay for the next 45 minutes, and I was. I was so glad that I brought my phone and was able (to try) to capture the rays shooting through the trees and the fog. They looked tangible and thick. You had to be there, I suppose, and if staying in bed was off limits this morning, I'm really glad I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment