Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life is like a bag of chocolate


My life is less like a box of chocolates and more like a bag of chocolate chips. I know exactly what I'm going to get-- small rewards that I keep coming in a continuous stream to bribe myself into good behavior.  

I ran for 70 minutes this morning, and it took me about 40 to get into it. Getting into it took endorphins and seeking out some (water) park entertainment.  

It was 80 and 400% humidity by 7:15 this morning, so I hopped the little wooden fence and ran through the sprinklers. And then, because a certain someone wasn't there to give me a 'what are you, five?' look of incredulity, I skipped to the wooden swing and started pumping. Now, that is the way to cool off. Old runners' trick.


I kept the phone out to snap a few shots, which kept my eyes darting around, looking for something interesting to capture. Over the next couple minutes, I tripped, accidentally erased my one awesome swing picture, and unknowingly took these uber-candid me-in-motion frames.
And here's how it ended. With shade and turtles and a little peace. And sweat.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post! And what's wrong with being 5? Mom
    P.S. You must get your photographic ability from Opi.

    ReplyDelete