Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lunch of Champions

Nothing makes me feel more on top of life than packing a nutritious and delicious lunch. Field greens, red quinoa, blueberries, goat cheese, and toasted pecans (packed separately to stay dry), all drizzled with balsamic vinegar at chow time.

Eating deer food makes me feel so much better during my workouts and for the rest of the day, especially the afternoon. I've found it very difficult to focus on staying away from junk, but relatively easy to put energy into scavenging for great ingredients. The good stuff starts to overtake the bad, and I'm left with a 90-10 split in deer food's favor.

I feel great today, and I think part of it is the food and a great big overwhelming part is the weather. I ran for 45 minutes this morning in the mid-60s air-- that's a full 20 degrees cooler than my run on Monday. Thank god this marathon is in November.

1 comment: