Tuesday, June 1, 2010

3 Laps?

Today I ran three laps at an average speed of 14 minutes per lap. Or so says my GPS watch. I couldn't get the damn thing to stop beeping and giving me every option under the sun related to the laps I was not running. I'll have to read the full guide to it later. I really wish I had some sort of an instinct for finding my way around even a little piece of technology.... This was utterly predictable.

It feels like I ran about 35 minutes this morning. It was fairly uneventful except for the heat. By 7:30, it was very very warm and humid. I need to swap out my hat for a visor to let the heat escape from my head, and next time I'm planning to ask one of the doormen cleaning the sidewalks in the morning to hose me down before I hit the park. Between the mini fanny pack I occassionally sport, the hat-but-soon-to-be-visor, and chunk of a new watch, I look special. Being drenched shouldn't ruin the look.

I really couldn't care less, except for the fact that I enjoy event-related tshirts. I registered for the Japan Run in Central Park this Sunday. Space is limited and last sign up is tomorrow, if anyone is interested.... http://japandaynyc.org/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=131&Itemid=140

No comments:

Post a Comment